Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our first real injury :(

We've done the scrapes and cuts but today we got our first real blood drawing injury. At our mom's group Halloween party Nicholas fell. Smacked his chin directly down into something. The blood came gushing out and I was terrified that he'd knocked out some of his perfect little teeth. Luckily there is a nurse in the group who swiftly grabbed him up and ran him to the kitchen. We got the blood soaked up pretty well with some paper towels. I was shaking like crazy and apparently white as a ghost! She checked his teeth and said they were all in there still and none were loose. Thank God! He made it through lunch and then we headed home for a long nap. He was better later after a dose of Motrin. And this evening he's been back to his normal goofy self. I can handle all the scrapes, cuts, falls in the world but his teeth and eyes are my biggest things. I am terrified of him hurting them!

On a happier note, here are a few quick pictures I was able to snap of him in his costume. He wouldn't hold the sword or parrot yet so we'll try to get some pictures of him in full costume soon.


No comments: